Custom Fields give you the ability to enter and track key data related to your opportunities across your Pitchbox account. With custom fields, you’re in control.
Here are some examples of the many ways you can leverage custom fields:
- Easily track the types of sites you're reaching out to.
- Make note of placement type.
- Create your own scaling system to rank your opportunities.
- Record the costs of assets (like images & content).
- Keep track of specific dates.
Custom fields can be managed by admins and users who have been granted the 'Manage Custom Fields' privilege. Custom fields can be utilized during personalization, within your email template, and on the Opportunity Details page.
To get started with custom fields click on 'Settings', then 'Custom Fields'.
When creating custom fields, the first step is to set up your groups. Groups will allow you to organize your custom fields.
- Click on 'Add Groups' to get started.
- Give your group a name according to the fields that will be added within that group and assign an icon for quick reference.
- Click on '+ New Custom Field' to create a new custom field.
- Select the order in which you want your fields to appear.
For reference, there is already a custom fields group called Win Details with pre-made custom fields to help you track additional information for opportunities marked with a Won milestone.
Name your field (character limit 45) and select a type. Similar to personalization fields, there are specific types that you can assign to each custom field. These types help you organize how information is entered for any of your custom fields:
You will have the option to set your custom field with 'Persistent Data'. With this option selected, when you create Cherry-pick campaigns, your custom field data will carry over.
After confirming the type of field, set the display options for where you would like your custom field to show.
- Opportunity Details Screen: Will be displayed on the right side of your screen on the Opportunity Details page.
- Personalization Detail Screen: Custom fields will be viewable from the personalize stage of the Workflow.
- Email Templates: Gives you the option to use the field in your email templates.
- Milestone Change Trigger: A pop-up will display to prompt for value when individual milestone is changed.
For 'Opportunity Details Screen', 'Personalization Detail Screen', and 'Milestone Change Trigger', you will have the option to set them as required if you choose to 'Show' them on those pages:
Once your field has been created, you will have the option to edit the settings and change the order with which they are displayed.
Please note: after a custom field has been created, the type cannot be changed. If you need to change type, you must delete and re-create the custom field. Deleting a custom field will delete all the values entered for that field from your account.
After you have entered data in for your fields, you can then track your custom fields with Custom Field Reports.